Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Wed 9-16-2015 Osher Field Trip to Cape Henlopen

Fall Migration is Peaking!!!

This last cold front has both woodland migrants and raptors moving. At the Hawk Watch at Cape Henlopen yesterday, when I left at 2:15 pm, the tally was 124 raptors, mostly Osprey, but also 2 Bald Eagles, about 1 doz Kestrels and 4 Merlins, plus a few Sharp-shinned Hawks.

At our backyard bird creeks and misters the today, I had 5 warblers......Am. Redstart, Worm Eating, Parula, Nashville and Magnolia, plus several Red-eyed Vireos.....and I was only watching for about 1 hour.

So I encourage you to make our class field trip tomorrow.....The birds are coming, look busy :)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. Marl or Siro Melange

    ReplyDelete